Wednesday, September 11, 2013

The Soundtrack of My Life

The top 5 songs that describe me in a nutshell:


       All of these songs have a significant impact on my life and each one instantly puts a smile on my face. The songs range from older classics that I heard from my dad over the years, to the new generation of country and rap that captures how I feel and think. This collection also shows my love for music in all forms, which, to me, is very cool. 

                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaAF_3WMJGM

Made in America by Toby Keith


1.     Wavelength by Van Morrison

2.     Cocoa Butter Kisses by Chance the Rapper

3.     You cant always get what you want by The Rolling Stones


4.     You don’t know how it feels By Tom Petty

This playlist does the best it can to break down my complex personality to paint a picture of who I am. Every song that is created portrays a very personal experience that the writer and band try to create. Since we are all humans, we go through similar emotions and experiences. This particular playlist depicts certain big moments in my life that mark different changing periods in my life growing up. Some of these big moments describe my love for classical music, because listening to these songs with my dad over and over growing up. This could describe my very close relationship with my father. Other bigger ideas on this playlist could be my love for country music, because of the very relaxing and upbeat rhythm that is great to listen to with all my friends. Anyways, this small playlist is a great example on deciphering my very complex inner self, and I know it does its best to portray my main attitudes towards life and myself. 








3 comments:

  1. I, too, think that music is one of the best mediums to bring people closer together, as there is someone I feel closer to due to music as well. I think it's great how you feel comfortable describing yourself with such a diverse playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After listening to a few songs on your list i can honestly say i can see why they are your favorites. Im not a huge country fan, however i know good music like their is no tomorrow . I really enjoyed the "Made in America song" its one of those tunes that shall be on my ipod reeeeaalll soon lol Good selection bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your song selection ! Big fan of the Stones and Tom Petty ! I really liked the Toby Keith song " Made in America" too ! Thanks for the great song choices !

    ReplyDelete